After the success of Morbic tenders, I wanted to propose a small boat in the same spirit, bringing together ease of construction and, above all, simply beauty. Morbic 12 was designed to be:
- A dinghy, able to take 1 to 3 crew, with a performing balanced lug, as the International 12 feet which has been an Olympic class.
- A “sail and oar” boat, able to sail anywhere. The moderate size makes Morbic 12 an ideal boat for frequent single handling but she is able to take a crew of 3 and is fitted with 2 rowing thwarts.
- And also a simple motor boat, with its generous transom width. A cut-out in transom allows to fit a short-shaft outboard motor.
The small size of Morbic 12 allows such a multi-purpose use. Being light, she may be rowed easily despite her generous breadth giving stability for sail and motor. Morbic 12 is:
- A practical boat, the flat bottom making easy hauling on the strand,
- A modern design, with clinker plywood, for easy construction by first time home builder,
- Simple with the pivoting and removable centreboard and minimal structure items,
- Safe with large side buoyancy tanks,
- Light and so effortless,
- 2 rig options : standing lug (picture) or sloop lug (with a jib).
- And all that keeping the lovely looking of a classic boat.